Hoon Mok Chung Undergraduate Scholarship
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must be an undergraduate student who is preparing to study abroad in Asia, the Middle East or South America.
The Chung Award was established in honor Dr. Hoon Mok Chung (1939-2005), a professor of political science at Illinois State University from 1971 to 1979. Following his years at Illinois State, Dr. Chung became president of the Import-Export Bank of Korea, special advisor to two presidents of the Republic of Korea, and executive director of the Asian Development Bank. He was also chairman of Hyundai Construction and Engineering, and director of the World Bank. The Chung Award is funded by the Hoon Mok Chung Memorial Fund, established by Gary Talarico, a former student of Chung's at Illinois State University.
Each Candidate for a Hoon Mok Chung Award Must:
- Be enrolled in good standing at Illinois State University
- Be a sophomore, junior or senior at the time the award is given
- Have earned at least 30 credits at Illinois State University; they should be the most recent 30 earned
- Major GPA of at least a 3.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Demonstrate financial need
Submit the application below to Frank Beck, Director of the Stevenson Center for Community and Economic Development. Students should also apply to their program through the International Studies office either simultaneously or prior to applying for this scholarship.